Trump golf course damaged by pro-Palestinian protesters in Scotland

play

A pro-Palestinian activist group is taking credit for the vandalization of one of President Donald Trump’s golf courses, which comes in response to his administration’s recent stance on Gaza during the ongoing Israel-Hamas conflict.

Palestine Action said it damaged the “Trump Turnberry” golf course and hotel in southwest Scotland overnight on Saturday. Upon entering the 800-acre property, the protesters painted in three-meter-high letters “Gaza is not (for) sale” across the lawn of the South Ayrshire course, according to the group.

The group said it spray-painted the clubhouse and dug up the greens, including holes used in several Open Championships.

“Last night’s action comes as a direct response to the US administration’s stated intent to ethnically cleanse Gaza,” the group said. “Having laid out his plans to ‘clean out the whole thing’ and forcibly displace its population, the US President last week published an AI video advertising his plans for the Strip, which included himself and the génocidaire Netanyahu, shirtless, drinking at the ‘Trump Gaza’ resort.”

The group added that Trump’s proposed plans for Gaza “constitute war crimes and crimes against humanity.”

“Palestine Action rejects Donald Trump’s treatment of Gaza as though it were his property to dispose of as he likes,” a spokesperson from Palestine Action said in a statement. “To make that clear, we have shown him that his own property is not safe from acts of resistance. We will continue to take action against US-Israeli colonialism in the Palestinian homeland.”

Trump Turnberry calls pro-Palestinian group’s actions a ‘childish, criminal act’

Police in Scotland said officers were investigating after receiving a report about the golf course being damaged around 4:40 a.m., a spokesperson for the department told Reuters and Fox News.

Trump Turnberry called the group’s actions a “childish, criminal act” and added that the vandalism would not affect its business, the Associated Press reported.

USA TODAY contacted Trump Turnberry on Monday but has not received a response.

Donald Trump gave Hamas ‘last warning!’

Last week, Trump said “Shalom Hamas” before giving what he called his final ultimatum to the Palestinian group that attacked Israel on Oct. 7, 2023.

Filled with capital-letter threats of “HELL TO PAY LATER!” Trump, in a post on Truth Social, told Hamas ”you are sick and twisted” before demanding the group release all remaining Israeli hostages.

“I am sending Israel everything it needs to finish the job, not a single Hamas member will be safe if you don’t do as I say,” Trump wrote. “I have just met with your former Hostages whose lives you have destroyed. This is your last warning!”

The situation in Gaza remains murky as the first phase of a ceasefire, which halted a 15-month war between Israel and Hamas, ended with no clear next step as the agreement’s second phase has not been worked out yet.

Contributing: Cybele Mayes-Osterman, Josh Meyer, Kim Hjelmgaard, USA TODAY

Leave a Comment