Elon Musk responds to Ashley St. Clair’s paternity claims


Ashley St. Clair responded to Musk’s comments on Sunday, alleging he denied to ‘confirm paternity through a test.’

play

More than a month after conservative influencer and columnist Ashley St. Clair said billionaire Elon Musk was the father of her baby, the unofficial leader of the Department of Government Efficiency has come out and addressed the claim.

In a post shared Sunday on X, formerly known as Twitter, Musk responded to a video of St. Clair alleging he made a 60% cut to their son’s child support.

“I don’t know if the child is mine or not, but am not against finding out. No court order is needed. Despite not knowing for sure, I have given Ashley $2.5M and am sending her $500k/year,” Musk said.

In total, Musk has fathered 14 children, People and Reuters reported. He fathered the kids with four different women, according to People and Vanity Fair.

St. Clair says Musk refused paternity test

St. Clair responded to Musk’s post, saying that the billionaire had refused to take a paternity test, something that directly contradicts Musk’s post on Sunday.

‘Elon, we asked you to confirm paternity through a test before our child (who you named) was even born. You refused,” she said.

Moreover, St. Clair said Musk had pulled most of the child support payments as a punishment for “disobedience.”

“America needs you to grow up, you petulant man-child,” St. Clair continued.

In response to St. Clair’s rebuttal to Musk, Brian Glickrich, St. Clair’s representative, said in a post on X, “This says it all.”

USA TODAY contacted St. Clair on social media and Glicklich via email, but neither has responded.

St. Clair claimed Musk was her child’s father

In a February X post, St. Clair said, “Five months ago, I welcomed a new baby into the world. Elon Musk is the father. I have not previously disclosed this to protect our child’s privacy and security, but in recent days it has become clear that tabloid media intends to do so, regardless of the harm it will cause.”

St. Clair said that she gave birth to the child five months before making the post and said she posted the information on X because “tabloid media” was attempting to make the news public.

“I intend to allow our child to grow in a normal and safe environment. For that reason, I ask the media (to) honor our child’s privacy, and refrain from invasive reporting,” she posted.

Contributing: Mike Snider

Fernando Cervantes Jr. is a trending news reporter for USA TODAY. Reach him at [email protected] and follow him on X @fern_cerv_.

Leave a Comment